We work across a number of project areas including urban regeneration, conservation and listed buildings, rural development, residential, commercial, industrial, education, retail and leisure. Services include the preparation of all forms of land use and development appraisals, the submission and management of a range of planning applications and certificates of lawfulness, the defence of enforcement actions and the promotion of land and property through the Local Development Framework system, Masterplanning, preparing development briefs, and preparing, submitting and managing appeal cases.
We also run stakeholder consultation exercises and training programmes for groups involved with the built environment, ranging from basic introductions to elements of the planning process to co-ordinating seminars on specific planning issues.
We have strong links with a network of related professional fields, including architecture, archaeology, transport planning and highway engineering, environmental and ecological consultancy, landscaping and public art, building and quantity surveying, property management, and urban design.
Applications | Appeals | Appraisals | Masterplanning | Conservation and urban design | Local development framework representations | Environmental impact assessment | Stakeholder participation | Training programmes | Householder Development
- We produce planning and development appraisals which assess development potential, land use planning and planning policy issues. We also undertake renewal applications, minor modifications and non-material modifications to applications.
- We produce, co-ordinate, manage and negotiate a wide variety of outline, full, reserved matters, CLUEDs, CLPUDs Conservation Area and listed building applications, and variations/removal of conditions.
- These range from small scale householder applications to major schemes and EIA schemes.
- We produce planning supporting statements, design and access statements, townscape assessments and statements of community involvements.
- We lead Member’s briefings and Committee presentations.
Local Development Framework
- We submit representations on emerging Local Development Frameworks, Regional Spatial Strategies and National Government Guidance.
- We appear at Examinations in Public.
- We submit and manage written representations, informal hearings and Public Inquiry appeals. These cover a range of planning applications and enforcement cases.
Environmental Impact Assessments and Sustainability Appraisals
- We co-ordinate consultants and manage the production of EIAs, including production of Scoping Reports and non-technical summaries.
- We produce sustainability appraisals for applications, Masterplans and SPDs.
- We produce and assist with the production of a range of Masterplans, design codes and design and development briefs.
- We advise on the need for and type of stakeholder and public consultation exercises required for applications, the production of masterplans and policy documents. Whilst we can facilitate and manage these in house we can also assist with them.
- We organise and run training programmes that cover a wide range of planning and development topics. These include in-house sessions and presentations at conferences and seminars.